Kevala is looking for a manager for our data engineering team. If you would enjoy leading other passionate engineers who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and actionable, we encourage you to apply. The role will be based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters, however, other locations will be considered.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Responsibilities and Duties
The data engineering manager will be responsible for overseeing the transition of current team members (“Kevaliers”) working on data pipelines to a newly independent team. The new team will redouble their focus on engineering our existing pipelines for scaled-up acquisition of energy industry data: real time energy usage, distribution infrastructure, satellite imagery, electric vehicle data, wholesale energy market pricing, and more. The sources for this data may include: ArcGIS servers, public records, manual mapping, computer vision, SFTP servers, and more. This data should be presented in such a way that the existing data science team can further make it meaningful, and the applications teams can make it transparent and actionable. Managing this effort will entail both architecting our technical infrastructure as well as recruiting new talent to further grow the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of empathetic and growth-oriented leadership
- 5+ years designing and building data pipelines, platforms, and products.
- Proven ability to architect scalable infrastructure by researching and selecting the most suitable technologies available.
- Sharp project management skills: attention to detail, estimation, and communication.
- Strong python skills; experience with Docker.
- Familiarity with our existing stack (PostGIS, InfluxDB, Airflow, GCP, Django) a plus.
- Enthusiastic about clean energy; experience in the energy industry is a plus.
Please apply here.