Kevala is looking for an DER Analyst to support our Product and Grid Solutions teams. This role is focused on the impact and behavior of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) as related to decarbonizing the electric grid. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply. This position reports to the VP of Product and Strategy. The role will be based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters, however, other locations will be considered.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Responsibilities and Duties
The DER Analyst will support our growing number of client software engagements related to the adoption, valuation and behavior of DERs on the distribution grid. This position is responsible for conducting technical analyses and driving research on topics such as vehicle and building electrification, solar, storage and Demand Side Response (DSR). This is a data-driven role that requires a good understanding of DER technologies, technical applications and regulatory environments. Internally, the candidate will work closely with project implementation, product and software development teams. Externally, the candidate may interface with clients on an as-needed project basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience. Minimum of 3 years working on distributed energy resources including technology, regulation, and grid integration.
- Minimum of 3 years technical data analysis using Excel or Python required. Prior experience with Python, SQL and GIS preferred.
- In-depth understanding of customer behavior with regards to BTM DER including solar PV, energy storage, and electric vehicles.
- Strong technical aptitude or willingness to learn about statistical analysis, causal inference, modeling and predictive analytics.
- Highly adaptable to changing needs within the company – adapts to rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent communication, writing, analysis and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
Please apply here.