Kevala is looking for a Platform Software Engineer with expertise in designing and implementing systems to join our growing team. This individual will collaborate across the company to translate project requirements into generalized and modular ways of interfacing with all aspects of the electric grid: from electric consumption to electric vehicle charge optimization to wholesale market pricing. If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Diving into difficult problems facing the US electric grid, especially relating to real-time temporal and geospatial data visualization, and cybersecurity
- Helping to scale and generalize our platform, moving beyond bespoke solutions to implementing efficient and delightful ways of making sense of energy data
- Collaborating with other engineers on designing and implementing product features whilst providing constant feedback through pull requests
- Contributing to ongoing process and architectural improvements for the engineering org
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What you need to succeed
- 4+ years of professional experience in Python
- Ability to independently architect, design, and implement system components in an agile framework
- Expertise in managing the trade-offs between a variety of database technologies: relational, graph, document-oriented, column-store, timeseries
- Knowledge of how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and fits product vision
- Experience in cloud services such as Heroku, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS
- Experience designing authentication systems using ABAC, JWTs, SAML, OAUTH2 or working with geospatial and temporal datasets or data types
What will make you stand out
- Experience in the utility, clean energy, regulatory, or automotive industry
- Experience working at a start-up
- Understanding of best practices for publicly available tools
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Where our team is located
We embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
Salary Range: $80,000-$145,000 (depending on experience and location)
Please apply here.