Kevala is looking for a self-motivated Product Manager with experience managing software products in the energy sector and working in an early-stage software start-up environment. This individual will work directly with internal leadership along with the sales and engineering teams to ensure products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our clients. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle which includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, and operations to ensure product releases align with the strategic roadmap and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Define product goals and product strategy with leadership
- Support the business development process and proposal preparation
- Manage the quarterly and annual product roadmap
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and user stories based on methodology requirements, commercial impact/opportunity, complexity and duration
- Log product enhancements, feature requests, and product related customer service issues and translate into near term roadmap priorities concurrent with the strategic roadmap
- Run beta and pilot programs with clients to define and deliver early-stage products
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Provide input on product pricing and positioning strategies
- Perform competitor analysis and develop expertise as it pertains to the sector
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What you need to succeed
- 1+ year of experience as a Product Manager delivering software products in the energy sector
- Demonstrable experience of acting as the Product Owner in an Agile process
- Knowledge about distributed energy resources including technology, regulation, and grid integration
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
What will make you stand out
- Knowledge of power system planning concepts and methods
- Experience with or knowledge of electrical engineering and the broader electric industry
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
Please apply here.