Kevala is looking for a software engineer to help us accelerate a clean energy future by making energy related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible. This role is focused on building the Grid Assessor platform and will be based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
Responsibilities and Duties
Collaborate with Kevala’s methodology and data science team to surface API endpoints powering Kevala’s Assessor platform. The candidate will incorporate Kevala-developed and third party methodologies into externally available endpoints. These endpoints will model many aspects of the power grid, from energy consumption, distribution, and production to electric vehicle charge optimization. Other responsibilities include incorporating authorization frameworks, such as OAuth, API key generation, and object permissions.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
● Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
● Experience with SAML-based authentication and OAuth 2.0
● Experience building clean interfaces for applications to consume
● Django and Django REST framework
● Cloud Services such as Heroku, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services
Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.