Kevala is looking for a software engineer to help us accelerate a clean energy future by making energy related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible. This role is focused on building the Assessor platform and will be based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
Responsibilities and Duties
Collaborate with Kevala’s methodology and data science team to surface API endpoints powering Kevala’s Assessor platform. The candidate will incorporate Kevala-developed and third party methodologies into externally available endpoints. The modules in our platform involve surfacing both raw and modeled data about the built environment: from electric vehicles to rooftop solar. The primary focus of this position will be in solidifying these endpoints for external use.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
● Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
● 2+ years experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
● Adept in Python best practices
● Experienced with Django and Django REST framework
● Knowledgeable of the tradeoffs between different database and caching systems
● Familiar with Cloud Services such as Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
● Meticulous about building clean interfaces for applications to consume
● Enthusiastic about clean energy; experience in the energy industry is a plus
Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.