Kevala is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in distributed computing and big data to join our growing data engineering team. This individual will collaborate across the company to translate project requirements into generalized and modular ways of interfacing with all aspects of the electric grid: from electric consumption to electric vehicle charge optimization to wholesale market pricing. If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply. .
What you will be doing
- Collaboration with other engineers on architecting, designing, and implementing product features
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Designing algorithms, data structures, and software components
- Writing, testing, reviewing code to implement product features
- Participating in a scrum managed agile software development process
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement for the development team
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Design and implement efficient and scalable data processing pipelines
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What you need to succeed
- 4+ years of professional experience in Python for writing API clients, web scrapers, and parsers
- Software development experience in Cloud Computing, Distributed Computing, and/or Big Data Management.
- Experience using real-time data streaming tools, such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Demonstrated understanding and experience using relational and time series databases
- Knowledge of data processing framework such as Spark
- Experience in building scalable data pipelines for structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and Apache Airflow
What will make you stand out
- Experience in the utility, clean energy, regulatory, or automotive industry
- Familiarity with PostGIS, InfluxDB, Airflow, GCP, Django
- Experience of a modern software development process, including scrum management, and agile development
Where our team is located
We embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid.
Please apply here