Kevala is looking for a front end software engineer to help us accelerate a clean energy future by making energy related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible. This role is focused on building the Assessor platform and will be based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be part of a team which regularly releases updates to Kevala’s Assessor platform, which displays a variety of data visualizations relating to the electric power grid. The modules in our platform involve displaying both raw and modeled data about the built environment: from electric vehicles to rooftop solar. The primary focus of this position will be in crafting our platform for viewing temporal and geospatial data into a delightful and intuitive user experience.
● Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
● 2+ years of web development experience
● Adept in ES6+ and CSS3 best practices
● Comfortable with creating and presenting your own ideas, sketches, and rapid prototypes (we don’t presently employ a UI/UX designer)
● Effective at cross-functional communication between the API and the Product teams
● Open to learning and applying new technologies
● Enthusiastic about clean energy; experience in the energy industry is a plus
Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.