Kevala is looking for a Research Intern to join our team for the summer of 2021. Kevala is an early-stage software start-up, and the Research Intern will be an integral part of our growth and expansion of the product development activities at the company. This individual will focus on researching the segmentation of the market to advance Kevala’s work in renewable energy data, analytics, and decision support. Additional projects may be included in this work scope based on the intern’s subject matter expertise and Kevala’s development priorities.
If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Assisting in identifying, quantifying and characterizing various market segments
- Working to understand how macro-energy market trends will affect the need for Kevala’s products and services, including identifying unmet market needs
- Potential to expand research into identifying potential collaborators and partners to further the development of Kevala’s market-leading position/li>
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What you need to succeed
- Currently pursuing an accredited degree with an expected graduation date within two years of the internship start date (Junior or Senior preferred).
- A passion and commitment to clean energy and environmental justice.
- Demonstrated project experience, shown the ability to work independently and successfully deliver a passion project on time and with little outside oversight.
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
- Compensation: $20.00 per hour
- Schedule: The internship will be set for 10 weeks during the 2021 summer break
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Remote/San Francisco, CA
Please apply here.