Kevala is seeking to hire a summer intern to ingest and audit utility infrastructure and distributed energy resource integration data housed for Kevala’s Grid Assessor software platform.
There are three primary projects that have been designed and scoped for this internship opportunity:
- Data Quality Assurance: document the data categories in Kevala’s Grid Assessor software platform and evaluate a sample set of data to establish acccuracy metrics.
- Grid Data Feeder Tracing: map utility insfrastructure for a selected geography using Kevala’s Trace Assist software tool and provide feedback on the tool to the development team.
- DER in Queue Data Integration: Research and ingest utility published queue data for renewable energy generation projects.
- Schedule: June-August (dates are flexible, 10-12 weeks in total is preferred)
- Hours: 40 hrs per week
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- This is a paid internship. Compensation to be determined by Kevala’s sponsor: Elemental Excelerator.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
Currently pursuing an accredited degree with an expected graduation date within two years of the internship start date (Junior or Senior preferred).
A passion and commitment to clean energy and environmental justice.
Demonstrated project experience, shown the ability to work independently and successfully deliver a passion project on time and with little outside oversight.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and field related/technical experience to: email@example.com
Kevala, Inc, located in San Francisco, is a software and analytics company focused on mapping the electric utility grid to better enable data-driven decisions resulting in the increased adoption of distributed energy resources.