Kevala is looking for a Technical Content Writer to join our growing team. We are a pragmatic and dedicated company who believes in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible. The successful candidate will work directly with internal stakeholders to support customer engagement through the development of concise, meaningful content. You will play a distinct role in the content creation process, owning writing, editing and design support assignments. The position is based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters, but we can be flexible for the right candidate.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will produce high-quality, easy-to-understand content that is appropriate for its intended audience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with internal teams to develop templates and external-facing content, leading proposal writing efforts, providing comprehensive editing
and copywriting support. This position reports to the Head of Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience. A graduate degree can be substituted for 2 years of work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of technical writing experience. Related work experience in software or engineering a plus.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable.
- Successful experience leading commercial proposal development and submissions including inter-team coordination.
- Expertise providing content reviews (i.e. completeness, accuracy, and appropriate language) and form reviews (i.e. organization, visual design, and usability).
- Natural desire to remove obstacles and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail while also grasping the “big picture”.
- Excellent proofreading skills as well as a clear aptitude for mechanical and stylistic consistency.
- Strong work ethic – a team player willing to fill any role or gap to achieve an outcome.
Please apply here.